The team from Journey Cafe provide an indulgent treat with a little spice!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (Allspice, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg)
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Combine butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and combined
- Add the vanilla and the egg; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and pumpkin spice.
- Add to the butter mixture and, with electric mixer on low, continue to mix until combined.
- Fill a Cookie Press with the batter.
- Press the cookies onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until firm and golden, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a rack and cool.